Thursday, December 1, 2011

P90X- ooooh the magic

     I think by now, everyone in the fitness world has at least heard of, if not tried, the infamous P90X. Who am I kidding, I don't even remember who I heard about P90X from, but I did hear about it, and I did try it.
     I began the 90 day program, and was hooked. I did it faithfully for 90 days, and even long after. Right off the bat, I noticed one thing. This program is about one hour-give or take- of muscle training, and little to no cardio. Like i said before, I am ADDICTED to cardio. I don't feel like I even worked out unless I am sweating my life away on the tredmill or in the spin room at the gym. So, by doing this P90X, my muscles developed more than they had in years. (I used to be a gymnast, and then onto mastering the sport of cheerleading, so yes I had major muscles in the past, but of course once I quit cheer, and didn't instantly start working out, I went from buff stuff so chunky monkey.) This muscular training I was all about, but having to add my own cardio training plan onto this P90X, I was working out about 2 hours a day. Too hard to maintain.
     Some people get INSANE results from programs like P90X, like Dreya Webber in the photo above, but I personally am not trying to become super buff like her, even though she looks HOT. I am going for more of the Victoria's Secret Angel look- which is more of a Diet plan than workout plan lets be honest, but hey who wouldn't want a body like this??
So, sorry P90X, I do respect you, but you are just not the program for me.

XOXO-
      Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment